Guidance in Stillness

Listening to God in Prayer

Guidance in Stillness

Psalm 25:4-5 "Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long."_

Background

Psalm 25:4-5 beautifully expresses the heartfelt plea of the psalmist for divine guidance. The verses reflect a deep desire to understand and walk in God's ways. The psalmist recognizes the need for God's instruction, acknowledging Him as the source of salvation. The posture of waiting all day long indicates a patient reliance on God's timing and a willingness to learn in the stillness of trust.

Encouragement

In the busyness of life, let Psalm 25:4-5 be your guide. Approach God with a heart that seeks His ways, acknowledging His role as your teacher and guide. As you spend time in prayer, create a space for stillness, allowing God to speak and lead. Trust in His truth and salvation, knowing that He is faithful to illuminate your path. In the calmness of His presence, find the assurance that He will teach, guide, and lead you in the way you should go.

Supporting Verses

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth!"

Prayer

Heavenly Father, make me know Your ways, teach me Your paths, and lead me in Your truth. In the stillness of Your presence, I wait upon You all day long. In Jesus' name, Amen.

 

God bless you

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News