Delighting in His Presence

The Joy of God’s Presence

Delighting in His Presence

Psalm 27:4

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." 

Starting Prayer:

Heavenly Father, as I reflect on the joy found in seeking Your presence, grant me the desire to dwell in Your house and to gaze upon Your beauty. May my heart be open to the joy that comes from drawing near to You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Background:

The title "Delighting in His Presence" is drawn from Psalm 27, a psalm attributed to David. This psalm expresses David's confidence in God's protection and his desire to dwell in God's house. Verse 4 stands out as a passionate declaration of seeking God's presence to experience His beauty and wisdom.

Be Encouraged:

Psalm 27:4 presents a profound longing to dwell in the presence of the Lord, recognizing that true joy is found in seeking Him. This echoes the theme of "The Joy of God's Presence." Psalm 16:8 aligns with this sentiment, stating, "I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken."

Furthermore, the concept of finding joy in God's presence is echoed in Philippians 4:4, which encourages believers to rejoice in the Lord always. The psalmist's desire to inquire in God's temple implies a deeper relationship with God, leading to a joy that transcends circumstances.

Concluding Prayer:

Gracious God, I long to dwell in Your presence, as articulated in Psalm 27:4. Thank You for the joy that comes from seeking You. As I carry this desire throughout the day, may my heart be filled with delight in Your presence. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Warm regards,

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News