He Is Close to the Brokenhearted

The Lord Cares for His Own


He Is Close to the Brokenhearted

Psalm 34:18 "The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."

Background

The Book of Psalms, in chapter 34 and verse 18, assures us that the Lord is near to those with a broken heart and saves those who are crushed in spirit. This verse speaks of God's compassion and presence during our times of distress and emotional pain.

Be Encouraged

As we continue to explore the theme "The Lord Cares for His Own," let's reflect on the comforting words of Psalm 34:18. In moments of heartache, when our spirits feel crushed, it's reassuring to know that the Lord is not distant or indifferent to our pain. He draws near to those who are hurting, extending His arms of love and comfort.

Life often brings situations that leave us feeling broken, whether it's the loss of a loved one, a shattered dream, or the weight of emotional burdens. During these times, we can find solace in the fact that our Heavenly Father is right there beside us, ready to heal and restore our wounded hearts. His love is a balm for our deepest wounds, and His presence brings peace amidst the storms of life.

Supporting Verses

Psalm 147:3 (ESV): "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

Isaiah 41:10 (KJV): "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Prayer

Compassionate Father, I come before You with my broken heart and my crushed spirit. Thank You for the assurance that You draw near to me in my times of distress. I open my heart to Your healing touch and ask for Your peace to fill my soul. May Your presence be my comfort today and always. In Jesus' name. Amen.

 

God bless you

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News