Precious in His Sight

 The Lord Cares for His Own


Precious in His Sight

Matthew 10:29-31 (KJV) "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not, therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows."

Background

In this passage from the book of Matthew, Jesus emphasizes the depth of God's care for His children. He uses the analogy of sparrows, which were among the cheapest birds sold in the market, to illustrate God's concern. Jesus assures us that not a single sparrow falls to the ground without the Father's knowledge. Furthermore, He highlights that we, as His children, are of much greater value in God's eyes than these sparrows. He even knows the number of hairs on our heads.

Be Encouraged

Today, let's reflect on the profound words of Jesus in Matthew 10:29-31. This passage assures us of God's meticulous care for every aspect of our lives. It paints a picture of a God who is intimately aware of even the smallest details of our existence. He knows when a sparrow falls, and He knows the number of hairs on our heads. How much more, then, does He care for us, His beloved children?

In a world filled with uncertainty and challenges, it's easy to feel insignificant or overlooked. Yet, Jesus reminds us that we are precious in God's sight. He values us beyond measure and is deeply concerned about our well-being. So, let go of fear and anxiety, knowing that the God who cares for sparrows cares for you even more. Embrace the truth that you are cherished, and every detail of your life matters to Him.

Supporting Verses

Psalm 139:13-14 (ESV): "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."

Isaiah 43:4 (KJV): "Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee."

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am grateful for Your incredible care and love. Thank You for reminding me that I am precious in Your sight. Help me to trust in Your unwavering care, even in the midst of life's challenges. I release my fears and worries into Your capable hands, knowing that You value me beyond measure. In Jesus' name, Amen.

 

God bless you

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News