He Will Not Suffer Thy Foot to Be Moved

The Lord Cares for His Own


He Will Not Suffer Thy Foot to Be Moved

Psalm 121:3 (KJV) "He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber."

Background

This verse is part of the Songs of Ascents, a collection of psalms sung by pilgrims as they journeyed to Jerusalem for festivals. Psalm 121 emphasizes the unwavering protection and care of the Lord as the ultimate Guardian of His people.

Be Encouraged

Today marks the beginning of our new theme, "The Lord Cares for His Own." It's a comforting truth to know that the God we serve is not passive but actively watches over us. Psalm 121:3 reassures us that He will not allow our feet to slip or stumble. The One who keeps us is vigilant and attentive, never taking His eyes off us, even for a moment.

In life's journey, we often encounter rough terrains, challenging circumstances, and unexpected hurdles. Yet, we have the assurance that God, our divine Protector, is with us every step of the way. He doesn't grow weary or fall asleep on the job. Instead, He is steadfast in His love and care for His children. As we walk life's paths, let us rest in the peace that comes from knowing we are under the watchful gaze of the Almighty. We can move forward with confidence, knowing that He will keep us from stumbling and falling.

Supporting Verses

Psalm 121:7-8 (ESV): "The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore."

Isaiah 41:10 (KJV): "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your constant watchfulness and care. I find comfort in knowing that You will not allow my foot to be moved. In this new theme, help me to deepen my trust in Your loving protection. Grant me the confidence to face life's challenges with the assurance that You are by my side. In Jesus' name, Amen.

 

God bless you

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News