A Prayer for Revelation

 Let God Speak to You Through His Word

A Prayer for Revelation

Psalm 119:18 (ESV) "Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law."

Background

The 119th Psalm is a treasure trove of reflections on God's Word. The psalmist recognizes the need for divine guidance and revelation as he prays, "Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." This prayer encapsulates the essence of seeking God's illumination to truly understand and apply the truths contained within His Word.

Encouragement

As we conclude our theme, "Let God Speak to You Through His Word," let's reflect on the prayer of the psalmist. The Bible is more than just a book; it's a means through which God speaks to us. When we open the Scriptures, we are inviting God to reveal Himself, His truths, and His will to us. Today, let's echo the psalmist's prayer and seek a deeper understanding and revelation from God's Word. As we read, meditate, and study, may our eyes be opened to behold the wondrous things within His law.

Supporting Verses

Psalm 119:105: "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

Corinthians 2:14: "The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned."

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I echo the psalmist's prayer today. Open my eyes to see the wondrous things in Your Word. I seek not just knowledge but a deeper revelation of Your truths. May Your Word be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

God bless you

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News