Loving Obedience

Fellowship with God


Loving Obedience

John 14:21 (KJV) "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

Background

John 14:21 is part of a larger discourse where Jesus is comforting and instructing His disciples before His crucifixion. In this particular verse, Jesus emphasizes the connection between love and obedience in the context of the believer's relationship with Him. He conveys that those who love Him will be the ones who keep His commandments, and in return, both He and the Father will manifest themselves to those who are obedient. This verse underscores the importance of love, obedience, and the intimacy of the believer's relationship with Jesus and the Father.

Be Encouraged

In this verse, Jesus teaches us about the intimate relationship between loving Him and obeying His commandments. He tells us that those who have His commandments and keep them are the ones who truly love Him. This love goes beyond mere words; it's shown through our actions and obedience.

As we journey in fellowship with God, let's remember that our love for Him is demonstrated by our obedience to His Word. In return, Jesus promises that those who love Him in this way will be loved by the Father, and He will manifest Himself to them. This manifestation is the sweet fruit of a close and personal relationship with our Lord as His character is revealed to us. So, let's strive for loving obedience to experience the wonderful manifestation of Jesus in our lives.

Supporting Verses

1 John 5:3 (ESV): "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome."

John 14:23 (KJV): "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to truly love You by obeying Your commandments. May my love for You be evident in my actions and choices each day. I long for the manifestation of Your presence in my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

God bless you

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News