Here Am I, Send Me

The Challenge of God’s Commission


Here Am I, Send Me

Isaiah 6:8 (ESV)

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' Then I said, 'Here I am! Send me.'"


Starting Prayer

Dear God, as I meditate on Isaiah 6:8, open my heart to understand the depth of willingness to serve in Your commission. May I, too, respond with a resounding, "Here am I, send me." Amen.


Background

Isaiah 6 unveils a profound encounter with God, where Isaiah witnesses the glory and holiness of the Lord. In response to God's question about sending someone, Isaiah willingly steps forward, declaring, "Here am I, send me."


Be Encouraged

Consider Matthew 9:37-38:  

"Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.'"


Reflect on Mark 16:15:  

"And he said to them, 'Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.'"


Imagine yourself, like Isaiah, responding to God's call with eagerness and readiness to be sent wherever He leads.


The challenge of God's commission is to be actively involved in His work, acknowledging the vastness of the harvest and our role in proclaiming the Gospel.


Today, the Lord is still asking "Whom shall I send?" Can you boldly and eagerly respond "Here I am, send me?" You can start by telling your family about Jesus. Your best friend and loved ones also need Jesus. Share the message of salvation with a heart that says, "Here am I, send me."


Concluding Prayer

Lord, I am grateful for the challenge of Your commission. May I respond with the same willingness as Isaiah, saying, "Here am I, send me." In Jesus' name I pray with gratitude. Amen.


Embrace the Experience

Please visit this site each day for more encouragement to do God's will.


God bless you,

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News