God, My Hope and Refuge

The Hope of God’s Salvation

God, My Hope and Refuge

Psalm 71:5 (ESV)

"For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth."

Starting Prayer

Dear Lord, as I meditate on Psalm 71:5 today, I seek insight into the depth of placing my hope and trust in You. May this truth be a guiding light throughout my day. In Jesus' name.  Amen.

Background

Psalm 71 is a heartfelt cry for God's deliverance. The psalmist acknowledges God as his hope and refuge from youth. The verse emphasizes a lifelong trust in the Lord, reflecting a deep and enduring relationship.

Be Encouraged

Consider Psalm 62:5-7: 

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."

Reflect on Lamentations 3:24: 

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."

Today, find encouragement in making God your hope and refuge. Share this message with others, inviting them to give their lives to Christ.

Concluding Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am grateful that You are my hope and refuge from my youth. As I face this day, I trust in You alone. May my life reflect the unwavering hope found in You. In Jesus' name, I express my gratitude. Amen.

Warm regards, 

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News