Here I Am, Send Me

The Call of God’s Mission  

Here I Am, Send Me  


Isaiah 6:8

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' Then I said, 'Here I am! Send me.'"


Starting Prayer  

Almighty God, as I explore Isaiah 6:8, I pray for insight and a willing heart to respond to Your call. May I be ready to say, "Here I am, send me" when You call me into Your mission. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Background

Isaiah 6 recounts the prophet's profound encounter with the Lord in the temple. Isaiah witnesses the holiness of God, experiences cleansing, and hears the divine question, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Isaiah's immediate response reflects a heart ready to serve – "Here I am! Send me."


Be Encouraged

In Isaiah 6:8, we witness Isaiah's immediate and wholehearted response to God's call. The willingness to be sent on a mission for God sets an inspiring example for believers today.


Consider Exodus 3:4-5:  

"When the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, 'Moses, Moses!' And he said, 'Here I am.' Then he said, 'Do not come near; take your sandals off your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.'"


Reflect on Samuel's response in 1 Samuel 3:10:  

"And the Lord came and stood, calling as at other times, 'Samuel! Samuel!' And Samuel said, 'Speak, for your servant hears.'"


Imagine a workplace or community where a need arises. Responding with "Here I am, send me" means actively volunteering to meet that need, just as Isaiah was ready to be sent by God.


Today's title, "Here I Am, Send Me," emphasizes the readiness to respond to God's call, demonstrating a heart willing to be sent on a mission.


Have you considered responding as Isaiah, who said, "Here I Am, Send Me?" Have you given your life to Christ? If not, why not do so today, through faith in Jesus, repentance from sin and baptism in the name of Jesus? You can then respond to the call to go on God's mission.


Concluding Prayer

Lord, I present myself before You. Here I am, send me! Use me for Your mission and guide my steps. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Please share your thoughts in the comments.


God bless you.  

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News