Proclaiming the Good News

The Challenge of God’s Commission

Proclaiming the Good News


Mark 16:15 (ESV)
"And he said to them, 'Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.'"

Starting Prayer
Heavenly Father, as I ponder Mark 16:15, grant me insight into the challenge of Your commission. May I be equipped to proclaim the good news to the world. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Background
Mark 16:15 contains Jesus' commission to His disciples to go into the entire world and proclaim the Gospel to all creation. This call challenges believers to share the good news boldly and reach every corner of the earth.

Be Encouraged
Today's meditation, "Proclaiming the Good News," marks the beginning of our week-long exploration of the challenge in God's commission.

Consider Romans 1:16:  
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

Reflect on 1 Corinthians 9:16:  
"For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!"

Picture yourself standing in a vast field, representing the world, and boldly proclaiming the good news to every creature.

Today's title, "Proclaiming the Good News," initiates this week's theme. This challenges us to actively engage in the commission to spread the Gospel.

Please share this message with others to inspire them to join in proclaiming the good news.

Concluding Prayer
Lord, thank you for entrusting us with the challenge of proclaiming the good news. May Your strength empower us to fulfil this commission. In Jesus' name, I express my gratitude. Amen.

Please share your thoughts in the comments.

God bless you
Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News