The Hope of God’s Salvation


Eternal Hope in Christ

1 Peter 1:3-5 (ESV)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

Starting Prayer

Dear God, grant me insight into the living hope we have through Christ as I explore 1 Peter 1:3-5 today. May my heart be open to the eternal inheritance You promise, and may this truth inspire hope in me. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Background

The opening verses of 1 Peter express praise to God for His abundant mercy, leading to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Believers are born again to an imperishable inheritance, preserved in heaven, and guarded by God's power. This hope is not transient but is revealed in its fullness in the last time.

Be Encouraged

Consider Romans 15:13:  

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

Reflect on Psalm 39:7:  

"And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you."

Today, find encouragement in the eternal hope found in Christ. Share this message with others, inviting them to give their lives to Christ.

Concluding Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am grateful for the eternal hope secured through Christ. As I begin this day, may this hope fill my heart with joy and peace. In Jesus' name, I express my gratitude. Amen.

Warm regards,  

Theodore J. Quist

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise

Cleansed and Set Free

Patiently Awaiting the Unseen

Proclaiming the Good News