No. 324 - God, My Loving Protector


The Armour of God’s Protection"

God, My Loving Protector

Psalm 144:2

"My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, My shield and the One in whom I take refuge, Who subdues my people under me."

Starting Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, help me understand Your Word today and reveal to me the depth of Your protection and love. May I always trust in You as my fortress and deliverer. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Background

Psalm 144 is a psalm of David, a prayer for rescue and prosperity. David praises God for His power and protection, acknowledging His role as a loving and protective Father. In verse 2, David expresses his trust in God as his fortress, high tower, deliverer, and shield. This psalm reflects David's recognition of God's continuous support and protection throughout his life. Today's title concludes this week's theme on the armour of God's protection.

Be Encouraged

Imagine being surrounded by an unbreakable wall that keeps you safe from all harm. This is how David saw God—as his fortress and shield. In Psalm 144:2, David describes God using terms that highlight both strength and love. He acknowledges God as his refuge and deliverer, emphasizing the personal and protective relationship he has with God. In our lives, we can also find comfort in knowing that God is our fortress. When we face difficulties and threats, we can rely on His protection and love to see us through.

Think about times when you felt overwhelmed or threatened. Remember that God is there to protect you. Just as David trusted God to be his shield and high tower, we can also place our trust in Him. God's love and kindness ensure that He is always ready to defend and support us. By leaning on God in times of trouble, we can experience peace and security, knowing that He is our ultimate protector.

Application

To enrich today’s message, reflect on these verses:

Psalm 18:30 "As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him."

Proverbs 30:5  "Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."

Invitation

If you have not yet committed your life to Christ, I invite you to visit any nearby Church of Christ. Through faith (Hebrews 11:6), repentance from sin (Acts 2:38; 17:30-31), and baptism for the forgiveness of all past sins to be saved (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38), the Lord will add you to His church. Here, you will continue to learn more about God and put into practice Christ's commandments (Matthew 28:18-20). Reflect on today’s message and allow the Spirit to guide you in making this important decision. Share this message with your loved ones and encourage them to seek God's protection and righteousness as well.

Concluding Prayer

Thank You, Lord, for being my loving protector and fortress. I am grateful for Your constant presence and protection in my life. Help me to trust in You always. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Embrace the Experience

To ensure you never miss out on our insightful messages, I invite you to add the WhatsApp number +233204231129 to your contacts as "Daily Meditation" and send a request to join our community of subscribers. By doing so, you will regularly receive our uplifting and thought-provoking content.

Furthermore, you can immerse yourself in a wealth of past posts by visiting [Christian Daily Meditation Blog](https://christiandailymeditation.blogspot.com/).

May the Lord bless your day.

 

Theodore J. Quist

Evangelist

Church of Christ

Abokobi - Accra

Ghana


Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

No. 299 - Fear Not, Little Flock

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

No. 362 - Identifying and Rejecting Idolatry in Everyday Life

No. 350 - Surrendering Through Baptism

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise