No. 338 - The Lord, My Strength and My Song

The Praise of God’s Glory 

The Lord, My Strength and My Song

Exodus 15:2 

"The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; my father's God, and I will exalt Him."

Starting Prayer 

Dear Father, as I meditate on Your Word today, help me to understand the depth of Your strength and salvation. May I grow in gratitude for all that You have done in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Background 

Exodus 15 is known as the Song of Moses, a celebration of God’s mighty deliverance of Israel from the Egyptians. After crossing the Red Sea and witnessing God’s power in saving them from Pharaoh’s army, Moses and the Israelites broke out in song to glorify God. In verse 2, Moses speaks of God as his strength, song, and salvation, giving all glory to Him for the victory. This passage reflects a deep trust in God’s power and a heart filled with praise for His deliverance.

Be Encouraged 

When Moses sang this song, he recognised that it was God who gave him strength. In our lives, we often face trials and challenges that seem impossible to overcome. Yet, just as God parted the Red Sea for the Israelites, He is still our strength and deliverer today. Whenever we are weak, we can rely on His power to carry us through. The Lord doesn’t just give us strength; He becomes our strength. As we grow in faith, we can sing with confidence, knowing that God is fighting for us.

Moreover, Moses called God his song. This shows that God is the source of our joy and praise. In times of trouble or peace, we can lift up songs of gratitude, remembering all that He has done. Sometimes, life may feel overwhelming, but when we remember that God is both our strength and our song, our perspective changes. We no longer focus on our problems but on the One who is greater than our challenges. The God who saved Israel is the same God who saves us today.

Application 

As we reflect on today's scripture, we are reminded of the importance of making God the centre of our strength and praise. Psalm 118:14 echoes this truth: "The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation." God deserves our praise not only because He strengthens us but because He has also given us eternal salvation through Christ. Isaiah 12:2 further reinforces this by saying, "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’" Let us continually trust in God and give Him all the glory for the victories He brings into our lives.

Invitation 

If you have not yet committed your life to Christ, I encourage you to visit a nearby Church of Christ to be assisted in obeying the gospel of Christ. Through faith (Hebrews 11:6), repentance from sin (Acts 2:38; 17:30-31), and baptism for the forgiveness of your sins and salvation (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38), you can begin a new life in Christ. The Lord will add you to His church, where you will continue to learn more about God and live in obedience to His Word (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:47). God is waiting to become your strength and salvation. He offers this gift to all who believe and obey. Today is the day to respond to God’s call. Let your heart be filled with praise as you put your trust in Him. Share this message with others, encouraging them to also rely on God's strength and salvation.

Concluding Prayer 

Father, I thank You for being my strength, my song, and my salvation. Help me to always turn to You in times of trouble and to praise You in every circumstance. May my life be a testimony of Your power and grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

May the Lord bless your day.

 

Theodore J. Quist 

Evangelist 

Church of Christ 

Abokobi - Accra 

Ghana

Comments

Most Read Posts

Blessed is the Forgiven

No. 299 - Fear Not, Little Flock

God's Omnipresent Joy

Anxiety and Trust

The Eternal Word Incarnate

No. 362 - Identifying and Rejecting Idolatry in Everyday Life

No. 350 - Surrendering Through Baptism

The High and Lowly One

In His Love We Find Refuge

Forgiveness: A Blessing in Disguise